UX strategy based on business objectives, user goals, data, and love. Wireframes, site maps, prototypes, user testing, documentation. Usable design for the real world.
Communications strategy, graphic design, style guides, copy writing, multimedia content.
UI DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Art directing photo shoots, making good decisions, mentoring, project management, vendor relations, print production, pattern repeats, book binding, mycology.
- Axure, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq
- PhotoShop, Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign
- Powerpoint, Keynote, Visio
- HTML, CSS, SASS, JS, JQ, Unix, etc.
- Git, Sublime Text, BBedit
UX ARCHITECT (Contract)
UX strategy, prototypes, research, and user testing for online retailer.
UI/UX for desktop and mobile websites, logos, collateral.
COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR (Pro Bono)
I developed an on- and off-line marketing and communication plan for diverse public school; oversaw a team to distribute weekly paper and electronic news packet, designed and maintained one of the best public school websites in the district, published monthly newsletter, cultivated online presence, and created promotional materials. In addition, I lead the team for two issues of the school literary magazine.
UX DESIGNER & UI DEVELOPER
I was the bridge between the industrial design firm and the back end development team for a consumer hardware/software product. I took the style guide and process docs, and filled in the granular details of interaction flows. Then I wrote the front-end code and integrated it with the database.
DESIGN LEAD & FRONT-END DEVELOPER
HTML, CSS, JS, jQ, and Ruby. Branding, identity, and product design. Wireframes and IA. UX, UI, and visual design.
UI DESIGNER (Freelance)
Redesign of app UI prior to sale.
Council on Aging Silicon Valley
INFORMATION DESIGNER (Freelance)
Information design system for very complex annual Medicare guide.
Academy of Art University
WEB DESIGNER/ DEVELOPER/CONTENT PRODUCER
- Developed and managed websites supporting the online degree program.
- Initiated a quarterly special feature to showcase the program.
- Identified areas of need of messaging and devised features to address needs.
- Full life cycle of multimedia features’ creation: identified profile subjects, conducted interviews, arranged photo shoots, oversaw video editing and transcription, wrote articles, designed and built interactive presentations.
- Designed interfaces and icons for AAU’s sophisticated online learning platform.
- Established a content-vetting process spanning 20 departments.
4i Ltd., London, UK, Senior interactive designer
Red Snapper, London, Web designer and template programmer
Freelance print and web designer, London
Terminal Bar Multimedia, Prague, Czech Republic, Design lead
Schneider Advertising, Prague, Designer and production lead
Mimetic Design, Prague, Designer and production artist
Tabula Rasa Press, Seattle, WA, Bookbinder
- Design Leadership, Cooper, February 2016
- Front-End Web Dev Intensive, AcademyX, SF, Nov 2014-Jan 2015
- Bachelor of Art, Concentration in Fine Art, Brandeis University, MA